In a bid to lose quick kilos, most of us are aimlessly eliminating all those high-calorie foods that could be adding to our body weight. While it is a good move to cut down on sugar and foods rich with trans-fats, but if you are thinking that is all you need to do, then think again! The beverages that you consume through the day also add up to your calorie-count. Excess liquid calories can induce significant amount of weight gain. The calories that your body does not use for energy, goes and accumulates as fat. You can easily avoid them by making wise choices.
Here are five easy tips to keep extra liquid calories at bay and promote weight loss:
1. Start your day with warm water: Starting your day with a glass of lukewarm water with a teaspoon of honey and a pinch of lemon helps kick-start metabolism. It also helps cleanse your system of toxins that may further aid weight loss.
2. Keep your water bottle handy: Now, that you have started your day on a hydrating note, make sure you do not lose track. Sometimes our brain cannot differentiate between the signals of hunger and thirst. You feel like eating a lot, when you are actually just thirsty. Moreover, sipping into water helps keep you full too. If you feel satiated, you are less likely to binge. So, keep your water bottle handy.
3. Try infused water: If the plain taste of water is getting too monotonous for you, then try infused water. Just dunk in your favourite veggies, fruits and herbs in a tumbler full of water and consume next day (Think: Oranges, cucumber, ajwain, jeera etc.). These low-cal beverages are also beneficial to rev up your metabolism naturally.
4. Avoid aerated beverages: Ditch aerated beverages, soda, iced tea and packaged fruit juices. They are often filled with added sugar that may induce weight gain.
5. Limit your coffee/tea intake: Are you a chai or a coffee lover? Keep an eye on the number of cups you have daily. Both coffee and tea are packed with healthful properties, but too much of caffeine is associated with dehydration. If you feel dehydrated, you are more likely to drink anything that is there in your line of sight. Therefore, it is advised to be mindful.
Keep these tips handy and avoid the unwanted liquid calories.
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim responsibility for this information.
Have you lost your weight-loss motivation? Get back on track with these tips – TheHealthSite
The Best Weight-Loss Exercises You Can Do at Home – LIVESTRONG.COM
HOW TO DO IT: While in a high plank, perform a set of mountain climbers, bringing one knee up to the chest, and then switching (left, right, left, right). Then, jump your feet apart, toward the outside of your mat, and back together four times, like you’re doing a jumping jack on the floor. After performing the plank jacks, complete another set of mountain climbers.
Weight loss diet plan: This woman shed a staggering 8st by making this one simple change – Express
For those who are overweight and need to slim down there is a lot of information available about the best way for them to do this.
If unsure where to start, it can be reassuring for dieters to look to others who have been through their own weight loss transformations in order to get tips.
One woman shared her weight loss on Reddit after she lost an incredible 7st 9lb in just over a year.
The Reddit user “LDNurseMama” posted online about what she did to try and encourage others to make a similar change.
The woman shared she is 38-years-old, 5ft 9in and has slimmed down from a huge 20st 7lb to a much trimmer 12st 12lb.
She showed off her results by posting a picture of her before and after losing the weight and explained more about the changes she made to get slim.
“LDNurseMama” revealed she kicked off her weight loss journey by watching how many calories she ate and also by making an effort to move more.
She wrote: “I started with just tracking my calories closely with my fitness pal, weighing my food, and being really active.
“Then I went to an actual weight loss clinic to meet with nutritionists and doctors to help me plan for the long term weight loss and maintenance.”
This approach helped the slimmer understand how much she was eating and the best types of food to help her shape up.
The dieter revealed she had always been active so changing up her eating habits was one of the biggest changes for her.
She said: “The food portions were the hardest for me, tracking everything in my fitness pal really put things into perspective for me.
“I weighed my food for awhile too until I had a good grip on what my portions should be. It’s hard but worth it.
By closely tracking her calories using a fitness app, the user explained how it helped her understand what she was eating and her weight started to fall off at a steady rate of around 2lb a week.
Since losing the weight, the Reddit user revealed she does not need to track her food as closely as she understands better what she needs to eat.
“LDNurseMama” revealed: “Now I watch what I eat still, eat healthy foods in smaller portions and stay active.”
Dieters hoping to lose a few pounds can start to do this by making other small changes in their lives.
Research published in a report titled “Portion size me: plate-size induced consumption norms and win-win solutions for reducing food intake and waste” explained using smaller plates at meal times may help people eat less.
This trick can help slimmers learn more about portion control and make an effective change in their lives.
Some people losing weight may have a specific area they hope to burn fat from, such as slimming down the waistline.
According to Cecilia Harris, who is a personal trainer and co-founder of Results with Lucy, you must lose weight from the whole body in order to burn belly fat.
She said: “I don’t believe that you can spot train or lose fat in one particular place of your body.”
- "You're Just Peeing Out a Lot of Money." This Is the Real Way You're Flushing Your Retirement Savings Down the Drain – MONEY
- Don't Let These Problems Get in the Way of Healthy Eating – ConsumerReports.org
- FDA Sends Warning Letters on Dietary Supplements – Wall Street Journal
- 14 Simple Ways to Stick to a Healthy Diet – EcoWatch
- New Tool Alerts Public to Unlawfully Marketed Dietary Supplement Ingredients – The Cardiology Advisor
Don't Let These Problems Get in the Way of Healthy Eating – ConsumerReports.org
FDA Sends Warning Letters on Dietary Supplements – Wall Street Journal
14 Simple Ways to Stick to a Healthy Diet – EcoWatch
My Pregnant Body – 3 Fitness Influencers On The Reality of Working Out Until Birth – elle.com
Body Transformation5 months ago
Australian fitness star reveals her incredible body transformation – Daily Mail
Diet Plans5 months ago
Best and Worst Foods to Eat on the Ketogenic Diet
Weight Loss Tips6 months ago
Eddie Hall weight loss: Ex World's Strongest Man loses FIVE stone in a year – here's how
Weight Loss Tips2 months ago
West Texas Bariatric gives tips on weight loss and how it can change your life – EverythingLubbock.com
Body Transformation7 months ago
Glee star Kevin McHale shows off insane body transformation
Weight Loss Tips5 months ago
Deborah Norville opens up about her remarkable 30-pound weight loss journey – ABC News
Diet Plans2 months ago
Jennifer Lopez Isn't Quitting Her No Carb and Sugar Diet Anytime Soon – The Cheat Sheet
Weight Loss Tips7 months ago
Weight loss secrets: 6 superfoods for flat abs & 6 tips for cultivating fitness mindset